Thursday, October 30, 2008

Tagged

Trish over on "This'n That" tagged me. This is awesome, Trish tagged me to get to know me better. I had to go and read her tag so I knew more about her also. Thanks Trish. I hope this helps. So now I have to come up with 6 Random things about myself.

1. I went to Wapato, Washington to the Yakima Indian Reservation. Our Mission team went there and did a week Teen Camp, two different Summers. We had a blast and many lives were touched. I spent a week in New Orleans to help with the clean up after Katrina.

2. I love to decorate cakes. I have done many birthday and celebration cakes. As of my last count I had decorated 27 Wedding cakes. The largest wedding cake next to my son's which had 8 cakes, was my baby brother's, his had 10, with the stairs and fountain. I started doing birthday cakes for my oldest son when he was turning 3. I have did both boys cakes since then. I also helped with my Oldest Sons' Wedding cake. The Bride's Mom and I went together and did their cake. We made their flowers and decorations. What a lovely wedding they had. (I will post some pictures of a few of my cakes in a later post.)

3. When my oldest son Curtis was in 2ND grade I was his Tiger Cub Scout Leader. From there I followed him into Boy Scouts. At the same time I was my youngest son's leaders also. I helped with many Summer Day Camps and Webelo's Camps. I was the Round Table Commissioner for 4 or 5 years (District Position). We had many fun times. Husband Chuck was Cub Master for a couple years.

4. I love to have a vegetable garden and then can the rewards for the winter months. I can what I can put into jars, and then freeze also. I make homemade jams and jellies. Also fresh breads with Zucchini.

5. I am the oldest of 6 children, I have 2 set of twin sisters and one brother. My Mom has 6 siblings, one being a twin. My husband has 6 siblings and his Mom has 6 siblings with a set of twins.



The rules:
1. Link to the person or persons who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.


Cat on Cupcakes and Coffee
Jennifer on Dust Bunny Hostage
Hels on Ink on my Fingers
Jennie on The Artistic Stamper
Heidi on Foxgloves, Fabric, and Folly!!
Paula on Paula's Palace of AltAred Ark

Ok my friends you have been tagged. Have fun!!!

Love,

Debxoxo

4 comments:

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

Thanks for the tag!! I will do mine first thing tomorrow morning. Do you have any pics of things you have grown?? I would love to see them. Are you doing the Holly Mommy Swap? Also, have you ever seen cakewrecks.com? So funny!

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Debbie, thank you for the tag, I will have to think about this one, and put it on my blog! xx

Hels Sheridan said...

Eeeee!!! Thanks for the Tag Debbie....will have to get my thinking cap on for this one!!! LOL Hels xx

cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

I want cake pics!!!