Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Western BBQ Fiesta Palooza Pages


I did this page with my New "Old West" Cricut Cartridge. The letters and numbers are two layers to give them the shadowed effect. I also used the cartridge to cut out the brown and blue hat and saddle on my Cricut. YES I love my new cartridge. It was time consuming putting the letters, numbers, saddle, and hat together, but the end results are well worth the time!

This family seemed to be popping up in several of my pics so I decided to make a layout using them. The little guy was scared at first of Honey (the horse), but later he didn't want to get off of him. I love how this page turned out. I layered the tag together and really like it.

Since my Western MOJO was going full blast I thought I would try my luck at a couple tags. I hand stitched the Star on the brown tag and put a star brad in the center of it. The cute little cowboys are off some Vintage Cowboy Valentine's. I embellished them with star brads and stickers. Laced some vintage silver rick rack and ribbon through them. I can't wait to use them in my album.

Paula, over on Paula's Palace of Altared Art is hosting a Wild West Tag Swap. I have entered into this Swap and need to get busy on my tags for it. Visit her site and see some of the tags she has received already. Stay tune for my tags.

Love,
Debxx

2 comments:

Paula Clare said...

EEK! Those tags are just the cutest! PLEASE just make copies of them for my tag swap~ I LOVE them so! OR, tags of you and your horsies would be amazing also...OR cute cowboys on one side, cute Debbie and horsies on the other! How bout THAT?!?!

Your western pages are beyond amazing...the letters are wonderful...SOMEONE might be needing brown letters that spell WILD WEST. I wonder if you could be bribed to make said letters for said person?

Debbie said...

Thanks Paula, I am having a blast with it....said person needs to get me some brown paper and it might just be possible, and let me know what size you want them...


Thanks again!