Saturday, May 17, 2008

Sunday Stampers - Cool for Cats

I am running a week behind for my Sunday Stampers Challenge

I am thinking what can I do, I do not have a stamp with Cats on it.
I have been wanting to make more ATC's, so I was looking through my Fall ATC Collection by Leisure Arts and I come across these cute children with their cats on Halloween. I know its awful early to be doing anything for Halloween. But I had to have something for this challenge.



First I mixed some orange acrylic paint with some Gesso and painted my ATC card. I glued my little girl and her cats onto the card. Using my Acrylix "Close to my Heart" Love Tag Stamps, I stamped "friends and love" onto the card. I distressed the edges of the card with my Color Box - Fluid Chalk Ink Pad in the Dark Brown color, I also distressed the whole top of the card with this. Then I embossed the edges of the card and used my word stamps to emboss the words. I used clear embossing ink.




I also painted this ATC card the same as before. I then stamped the card in black with my Stamp Craft small floral stamp. I distressed the edges of the little guy and his cat and glued him down. I stamped "Trick or Treat" onto the card with my Karen Foster -Small Formal Snap-Stamps. I also used the Dark Brown Color Box-Fluid Chalk Ink Pad on this card. I used it to distress the edges also. I then embossed the words and edges of the card.

4 comments:

Paula Clare said...

Hey there,
WOW!You're an ATC making machine lately! Cool idea mixing gesso with the acrylic paint...I'll have to try that.

Debbie said...

Mixing the two deletes the task of waiting for each layer to dry. I am not scared of the ATC's, they are so easy to make. I love them..
TFL

Hels Sheridan said...

Aw so cute Debbie, thanks for joinin in again hun x

Debbie said...

Had a good time with the challenge...thanks for lookingxxxxx