Saturday, August 16, 2008

Resale Halloween and Craft items

On Thursday I went to the Resale shops and I found some goodies to use for Halloween and other crafts this fall. If you click on these pictures you can see them better.
These items I will be using for the Sweet and Sinister Swap that ArtsyMama is hosting on a private blog. I am going to paint the little house black and see a haunted house. I love the 3 candle sconce, might paint it black add crystals how "sweet and sinister" would that be? I see a black spider web being made also. The orange box and basket I know will turn into something really awesome, I am sure.



I love the pumpkin bowl, I think I might clean it up and use it as a candy dish. The candle holder I can see a little guy sneaking through the house scared to death of seeing a Goblin in a dark corner or chasing him down that hall. Some old orange crepe paper, a jingle bell, and match box. The tiles will have something painted or rubbed on them.

A close up of the "spider web" doily, and a pumpkin garland. The black cord runs through the stem on each pumpkin.Look at these cool vintage doll heads, body, and arms. With a little make-up and a softie body I am thinking of a Witch or two. Some of these came from the old Ben Franklin store that use to be in town here. That store hasn't been open since I was a young girl, I believe I was still in grade school. I found these craft items, I am not sure what I am going to make yet, but I will use them on something.I love these Vintage Alphabet cards.
I fell in love with these orange mushroom Macrame beads.

I have been searching for the right book to use for my Halloween journal. I have it now I seen this photo album, its sorta ratty and torn in places, the color has faded. All of that adds to the character of the album. I know it will make an awesome Halloween journal.

Thank you for stopping by and looking at my finds, I had a wonderful time finding them. I couldn't believe I found it all for under $10.00. I love going shopping, coming home with 3 bags full of items and only spending a little.

Have a Great Weekend,

Hugs,

Debxx

2 comments:

Angela said...

WOW Deb! I love all your resale goodies!!! Well, I love resale shops period!!! The old ratty photo album is wonderful!! I know you'll make lots of goodies with your fab finds!

Love~
Angie

Paula Clare said...

Okay, what kind of bribe must we discuss in order to get my hands on some of those mushroom beads?!?! THEY ARE TOO FABULOUS!!! What a great idea painting a doily black for a spider web...you are OH SO CLEVER!

Talk to you soon!