Monday, July 14, 2008

day eight: windows to my world

I believe this project was one of my favorites. I loved everything that we done in our journal. Each project was new and exciting to me, so each adventure was a lot of fun.


This layout was decorated with scrap pieces of paper from my stash, journal boxes, flowers that I used "My New Cricut" to cut out flowers and leaves and brackets. The window is "plastic" from a package of new product that I had purchased. The "window" was cut into 2 pages, the plastic and window dividers were sandwiched between the pages.


I also drew lines across the page to make it appear as if there was "siding" on my "house". I put a window box and flowers with small jewel centers.

The 2nd layout of this project we were to decorate with journal boxes, grids and connect the pages together some how. So I made a large swirl that went from one side of my window to the other page.

I decorated the "room" with paper stash scraps of paper, painted the background. I made a curtain from a scrap piece of material, tied it back with twine. I used the space below the swirl as a journal box.

I have my little girl, who looks out the window and appears to be praying. I also journaled in the swirl underneath the little girl. I will journal as the summer goes when there are more memories to add.

Another wonderful project from Teresa McFayden for her Summer Journal E-Zine.

Have a wonderful Monday,

Debxx

3 comments:

Paula Clare said...

I LOVE all the swirlies on these pages. FAB! Very clever use of repurposed packaging on the window too. So is the art journal finished? Do you have any blank pages left?

Debbie said...

Thanks Paula, The pages were a lot of fun. The journal is finished, and I do have extra pages left, so plan on doing pages throughout the summer as special events take place.

Heidi said...

Hi Debbie, Just wanted to let you know that I am mailing your "Cupcake Swap" Box this morning! I have had so much fun putting it together for you! I so hope you like it all!,,,Please let me know when you receive it!....Have great week!...Your friend, Heidi XO