Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Mixed Media Monday

This weeks challenge over on Mixed Media Monday was to try something new.


This week the challenge to everyone is to “try something new”. That is completely open to your interpretation - it could be a new technique, a new medium or even a new colour. Just play and have fun with one. The sample above is the front cover of a fabric altered board book that I did for the challenge. The rest of the book is on my blog. Enjoy your week everyone!" So here is my take.

I took a small box and lid, painted them a "fuchsia" color with acrylic paints. I covered the lid with a floral paper from my stash. Glued part of a paper pink doily, pink pearls and flowers on top of the paper. I used a "Vintage Belle's" from a collage that I had. I then glued Beaded Fringe around the sides of the lid. I stamped "Sisters" onto a piece of card stock with Karen Foster Small Formal Snap-Stamps with black Stazon.

I can also use this for Wednesday's Stampers Challenge. I just realized that I am a day late. Oh well it was still fun.

Thanks for stopping by,

Debxx

3 comments:

Paula Clare said...

NOW look who's having a "pink spell". Oh wait, you've ALWAYS liked pink/fuschia...NEVERMIND. teehee

FAB box...I love the sisters addition to it!

CUTE!

Anonymous said...

Lovely! Thanks for participating on Mixed Media Monday. Diane

Debbie said...

Thanks Ladies...I had a great time making it