Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Using Watercolor Pencils

I have seen a lot of beautiful projects on some wonderful blogs. I decided that I had to give it a try. I drew my picture completely with the watercolors.


I used Prismacolors and Derwent Water color pencils. I used a small brush and water painted over the colors and they started blending, and viola .....
It was a lot of fun. the tall flowers didn't come out exactly like I wanted them too but I think over all I am pleased with the experience.
Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have any suggestions or comments good or bad, please do.
Debxx

2 comments:

Paula Clare said...

Hey Chick,
Excellent first attempt! Something to think about: watercolor paintings have much less sharply defined lines and edges...you might want to try NOT outlining flowers and such and just let the petals "sit" on the background without the line around them...they tend to look more natural that way!

Also, you KNOW who the resident expert on watercolor is, right? WILNA! Quiz her about techniques! I'm sure she'd LOVE to share!

Debbie said...

Thanks for the info I will check with her...